Monday, April 27, 2009

04/27/09 (blog questions)

What is the greatest advantage to having a blog in this course?

I think that the greatest advantage of having a blog in this course is it allows you the chance to reflect on what we did from the week before. You can share your thoughts and ideas with everyone in the class as well as comment on what other people said. It also allows you to view different opinions and options on things that you may not have thought of before you viewed others blogs. This was a good tool for me because it allowed me to re think about what we talked about or did in the class and remember it. Another advantage of it is we could communicate with one another with questions or answers etc. I think that the blog was a useful tool for this class also because it taught us another useful tool in technology by having us create it right from the beginning. Very big advantage in this course as well as a great tool for other uses in courses and classrooms.

What is the greatest barrier to your successful use of a blog in this course?

I think that the greatest barrier that I had in the blog use is that it sometimes was hard to leave comments on some pages because I couldn't figure out how to leave the comment because it asked you to sign in. But after that obstacle I learned to copy and paste what I was going to say so that in case I lost it I had it saved somehow. Another barrier I found was who was leaving comments. Some people didn't post to the very end of the week which made it very difficult to leave the two comments that I needed to leave. Another barrier that I found was that some people didn't comment on others and I really think that everyone should have their work commented on. Maybe a way to avoid this is assign people to people so every one's work is getting commented on . Other than that I don't have any other barriers I found with using the blog. I enjoyed it!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Steph about the barriers that she faced because I faced the same ones that she did. I think that the posting every week was a little much when we had a lot of other assignments due and sometimes people got behind. I know that I did at times. Other than that I do think that it is a great reflection tool and it allowed people in the class to share thoughts and opinions and it was great to get a numerous amount of feedback from other educators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the blog being advantageous for reflection on the classes. I enjoyed writing down my thoughts after class, especially since I had more time to mull it over. As I said in my post, I could not agree more about the frustration of getting in comments on classmates blogs. Great suggestion about assigning people to small groups to follow their blogs. This should be done at the beginning of the course.

    All the best,

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, I agree with you that everyone's work should be commented on. I also found it hard when people didn't post until the end of the week because I was waiting to comment. I also agree that to make the blog better, people should be assigned to certain blogs to be sure that everyone's blog is being read and also being commented on.

    ReplyDelete